Thursday, August 8, 2019

Boil the Frog! (Website Review)

     Hello all! Today I wanted to tell you all about this awesome but slightly strange website I stumbled upon a while back. I'm not sure how well known the website is but I've never heard anyone talking about it except for one time on Tumblr which is how I found it so I thought I'd make a post about it.

      The website/app, which was created by Paul Lamere, is called Boil the Frog (odd name but it makes sense I guess?) and the premise of it is that it "... lets you create a playlist of tracks that gradually take you from one music style to another." So you can ask it to make you a playlist that gradually goes from metal to country. Or from one artist to another, such as In This Moment (one of my favorites) to Kelly Clarkson.

Let's go through how it works together.

This is how the home page looks.



Let's us my earlier example of In This Moment to Kelly Clarkson.



Now Boil the Frog has created a nine-track playlist from In This Moment to Kelly Clarkson!



There are some other cool features on Boil the Frog that I want to show you guys. First of all, you can listen to all the songs that it puts in your playlist! You can also bypass a song if you don't think it belongs or ask for a new song.



Lastly, you can save the playlists or share them to Twitter.


      Overall I think this is a really cool idea and a fun website to play around with. I go on there from time to time and try to make the most outlandish music transitions I can think of. Also, I have found some new artists I really enjoy by making playlists between music genres or artists I already like or am interested in. Boil the Frog is pretty cool on its own but I think it has the potential to do something interesting in the future and am excited to see if the creator does anything else with it!

I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you want to check out Boil the Frog for yourselves the link is
right here!

Love you all,
~ Kate ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment